Two years after the pandemic started to reshape the way we live, we are only now just beginning to think of travel once again.
If it's been difficult for everyone, it's been particularly so for dialysis patients and their care partners, for whom travelling has to consider the many complexities around treatment plans, not least vulnerability to serious complications from COVID-19.
It is with this sense of responsibility, purpose and pride, that we share with you the news about our new d.HOLIDAY booking platform for holiday dialysis treatment. This new offering is set to provide a significantly enhanced experience for dialysis holiday makers, who can now apply a number of filters to their search, select payment options in advance and have real-time visibility of treatment availability across Diaverum’s network, in 24 countries worldwide. In combination with the Diaverum Travel Guide, launched in July 2021, the dialysis holiday booking process is now simpler, quicker and is empowering more patients than ever before to be mobile and live out their dreams of travel.
How it works
The d.HOLIDAY platform allows you and your members to explore treatment options and book what they need in just three simple steps:
- Enter destination and select dates of their journey
- Apply filters to their search, including treatment options, specific medical requirements and desired facilities
- Select their clinic, register and book their slot, with availability being confirmed via email within 72 working hours
You may watch a short animation on the platform offering here.
The platform, however, offers more than just online booking options. Crucially, it also offers dialysis holiday makers:
- information on holiday destinations, including its own Travel Guide
- tips on how to plan their holiday around their dialysis treatment needs
- guidance regarding documentation and medication
The need to travel – whether a short trip, or an exotic, overseas adventure – stems from a basic, human need to move freely. For dialysis patients, this movement has to be plotted around the treatment that is critical to their survival, which as an organisation, Diaverum is committed to connecting them to via its travel offerings, wherever they dream of going.
We are delighted to invite you to learn more about the d.HOLIDAY platform, as well as our broader holiday offerings.